How to Protect Your Hips
According to The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons there are some steps you can take to help slow the creeping onset of hip arthritis.
• Make sure you give your hips a breather, and try not to overwork them.
• You can maintain joint function and motion by implementing a physical-therapy regimen that includes gentle exercises such as swimming, cycling and water aerobics.
• Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may help.
• Ample sleep is very important.
• Those excess pounds are a real killer. Losing weight is vital to your health.
• Sometimes a cane is the best way to ease joint strain if your arthritis gets worse.